Wednesday, August 12, 2009

From the kitchen...

Every summer we visit my sister and her family in Aspen. And every summer I make a trip to the Aspen Saturday morning market. Although the market is full of tempting local organic meats, produce, breads and cheeses, by far my favorite is the fresh gourmet pasta by Pappardelle's. They have everything from orzo to well, papparedelle. And the flavors are out of this world! I highly recommend the spicy thai.

Much to my delight they now have a website so that I can these culinary treats year round! Last night we had garlic and chive pappardelle I brought home a couple of weeks ago. With is I made Garlic Chive Lemone sauce, a recipe from Pappardelle's website. Judging by the vigorous slurping sounds at the dinner table last night, it was a huge hit. Savannah stated with much enthusiasm many times "this is the best pasta ever!"

People are always asking me for a way to spice up their same old, heavily repeated dinners. Here is your chance to effortlessly become a culinary goddess! Just order a pasta and print off a recipe (don't worry, the recipes are easy).

http://www.pappardellesonline.com/servlet/StoreFront

Jeff, tell Dawn that the spicy thai was absolutely awesome with Mom's Curried Noodle recipe. It's worth a trip downtown to pick some up.

No comments: