Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well friends, we are finally back home. You know it was a good trip when tears were shed upon leaving. Savannah got pretty teary eyed as we departed the train in Glennwood Springs (our final train stop) and then waved goodbye to the train. Tears (or more like sobs) welled up again as we left my sister's house at 4:45 am the other day. "Mama, I'm so sad. I don't want to leave." It was not a whiny fit. It was authentic heartbreak.

Still, we drove on through the mountains in the early morning hours. Soon the sun began to rise over the snow laden ski towns and all the mountain peaks were lined with a golden hue of the sun about to rise above the crest. With that view in mind I hit my "praise" play list on my ipod and had one of the most beautiful "quiet times" with God of my life.

Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Broken" filled my head while God's love filled my heart. It's like the young student who graduates from college with the feeling that he knows everything but the wise old man realizes more and more how little he knows. Thus is the young Christian, but the aged Christian realizes how far she is from being Christ like after years of trying (though the world may see her actions and behavior greatly improved at times) and how abundant God's grace is. Year after year every hymn I sang as a child has more meaning as I experience God's grace, love, and mercy. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

"My chains are gone. I've been set free. My God my Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood His mercy rains. Unending love. Amazing Grace."

Driving through the divine beauty of the mountains at sunrise while listening to praise music actually broke my heart for the lost. Let's set aside the whole heaven or hell thing and just look at our life here on earth. I can't imagine going through this life without walking with Jesus. Again, tis so sweet to trust in Jesus was written for a reason. What a beautiful relationship we have with Him while we are here on earth.

This past spring was pretty difficult when Mark started his new job in January. He was traveling a lot and when he was home, he was busy. It was a big transition time. But through prayer (and many answered prayers), reading the Word, and listening for God's direction we got through it. What do people do without God? I talk to Him all day long!

"May my lifesong sing for You."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That was beautiful Christina...