Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Isn't it Incredible?

Last Friday my friend Mandy and I took our kids to see Disney on Ice. When I first heard they were coming to town I dismissed the idea of going. After all, we are saving to take Savannah to Disneyland for her 5th birthday so why waste money on a disney show when we can save the money and take her to Disney! But then I heard the storyline included The Incredibles (One of Savannah's favorite movies. She was Violet Incredible for Halloween) and they were going to Disneyland in the story. Well that's two of Savannah's favorite things colliding in our own backyard! So we bought tickets and headed out to the show.

Savannah went nuts when she saw her favorite characters in person out on the ice. She couldn't take her eyes off them! That has to be one of the most fun things for a mom to see. I loved watching her.

As the story goes, The Incredibles family goes to Disneyland and then they recreate the park's most famous rides on ice. The Jungles Cruise, Pirates of the Carrie bean, The Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, The Tea Cups, Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Training. and Big Thunder Mountin Railroad were all recreated before our very eyes on ice no less! The Haunted Mansion was the most impressive which is also Savannah's favorite DL ride.

The Tea Cups were not one of the more impressive recreations on ice but it was one I got a decent picture of.



Ryan was of course trying to make me laugh. When is he not?



Wall-e eyes



Mandy wants an dress like Edna Moe. I want to BE Edna Moe, dawling.



The skaters were moving so fast that I never caught them facing me. Because of the dramatic lightling it was impossible to get decent pictures of all the cool sets. Sorry, you will just have to go see the show for yourself.



Savannah was on an Incredibles high when we got homwe. After her nap she superheroed up with her incredibles costume, her new Dash cup and Elastagirl straw. I bet you can guess what movie we watched that night.

No comments: