Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Fish



It was Memorial Day Weekend and we had nothing to do

So we grabbed some hot dogs, for fishing of course, and a pole too

To the farm we went with Savannah in anticipation

“I will catch a big one!” she yelled in proclamation







Down on the dock Daddy baited the hook

And we stared at the water with an intense look







After a pull on the pole we reeled him in

Then Savannah shouted “Let’s eat him!” with a mischievous grin















But the thrill didn’t last and tears filled her eyes

“But Daddy, I don’t want to throw him back. I don’t want to say good-bye”








“Oh Savannah, we’ll catch more. And before he leaves you can give him a kiss.”

Then a kiss was given and soon this fish she did not miss









We caught 10 more and to them too freedom was given

But a day like today we’d never give back, ‘cause this is livin’!











1 comment:

Rachel Maples said...

YEAH for blogs! I love what you wrote about our weekend. I loved having all the kids there but I have to admit I missed just hanging with the girls so we need to do that again soon. I wonder too if our kids will come close having the friendships we have...I guess we'll see they don't have the advantage of living life together like we all did. I love that I can share more in your family adventures...love you. R