Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good Times

Almost three weeks ago I picked Savannah up from her last day of school (which I cried like a baby with the teacher because we will be moving on to a new school next year) on our way out of town. And we have been on a Grand Tour ever since.

Ample photographs have been taken to document this marathon of fun but I have no idea if I will ever have time to post them (our marathon of fun has yet to end!). So here is a brief recap.

Say goodbye to friends, teachers, and school, cry all the way to Dallas (me, not Savannah) visit with family, cousins, siblings, limo rides, fancy dinner, shopping, giggles, cooking, cooking, and more cooking (lot's of folks means lots of food) kids playing, kids crying, swimming, date night, still out of town at this point but moving on to next location, mini family reunion, swimming, fishing, extended cousins, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles, 4 wheelers, laughter, visiting, sewing with my grandmother, learning from my elders, kids crying, cousins sharing (notice sleep is not listed), say goodbye, drive to family reunion for Mark's side, camping, more cousins, dirty happy kids, farm living, swimming in a pond, fishing, sun, 4 wheelers (Archer's favorite), good friends, relaxing, lawn chairs, and then home for 36 hours.

Back to Dallas, more visiting with family (we are on week 2 at this point), sister shopping, fun with Cindy, late night chats, up early with Arch, swimming, cooking, kids playing with cousins, my sister and I get our business up and running, wean Archer (sniff sniff), visit with more family, and then back home. Wedding an 1 1/2 hours away, lot's of family, good times, back home, birthday party, decorate for vacation bible school, (we are on week 3 now) then a week of teaching crafts for 150 kiddos, set up new business for myself (I have an office for private counseling now! woohoo!).

I think that brings us up to date. Did you catch all that? If not here is a summary: lot's of fun and visiting with cherished friends and family, no sleep.

No comments: