Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Fun



We could not have asked for a better Easter. Saturday morning our church held it's big annual Easter egg hunt. Before the hunt the children gathered on the set of our Easter drama, The Sacrifice and listened to our pastor tell the true story of Easter and what it means to us. Everything around them looked like Jerusalem and the cross was before them. I pray that my children will someday understand the joy I have on Easter Sunday which has nothing to do with bunnies, eggs, or pretty dresses. For now they are content to listen and ask questions.




Easter morning we attended church and were fortunate to have my in-laws with us. The sermon was excellent, grounding, and inspiring. My Sunday school class however was a different story. Whose idea was it to have prom the night before Easter? My girls are champions for even coming to Sunday school the day after prom (they were all drinking red bull bless their hearts!).





After church we had a wonderful lunch of grass-fed all natural ham from Shady Grove Ranch (it was wonderful!), salad greens and radishes from our CSA, a homemade buttermilk dressing for the salad (my favorite! I think I'll put the recipe on my food blog soon), green beans, biscuits made with freshly ground flour that had been soaked and fermented, and deviled eggs brought by the in-laws.




Then of course we hunted eggs!




There were some out in the open for Archer and other hidden well for Savannah. Archer found the first one and was content to sit down and play with it. Papa helped him along though and then Archer got the hang of it.





After the egg hunt Mark and Savannah got their guitars out and Archer played under the table. Mark would play something and Savannah would try to play along. Strumming the wrong notes she would stop and try to tune the guitar saying, "I don't think my guitar has that tune." It was pretty funny.

All in all we had a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a great day! You have some sweet kids:) ps. thanks for the corn info. I will add an update to that post! Happy belated Resurrection Day!

Katy said...

Christina..i can't get over how grown up Archer looks in the first picture of him and Savannah!
He looks like a little man!
Happy Late Easter!