Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, March 7th, 2011.

Outside my window...the weather is contemplating it's mood. Spring or winter? The birds are casting their vote by song. I'm pretty sure it's spring.

Around the house...Archer is napping Praise the Lord. All is quiet (except for the birds outside), the house is clean and tidy for the most part, and my washing machine awaits the maintenance man. This is why the house is tidy because there is no laundry sitting around waiting to be put up. It is still all neatly stowed in hampers.

I am thankful for...choices. I have the pleasure of deciding if I will eat healthy or not, what school is best for my children, where I want to go to church, and a million other things. Sometimes the choices we have in life are overwhelming. I feel blessed to have enough to be overwhelmed with.

From the kitchen...homemade broth has been labeled and stored in neat containers the freezer and leftover homemade enchiladas await the dinner hour.

I am reading...nothing! I desperately need a trip to the library but until then there are several things that I am researching on the Internet that are occupying my spare time.

I am creating... my new website still. The bones of it are up but it has no bling. A cheetah wall hanging is in the works for Archer's jungle room. And I recently finished my first embroidery job by hand. Oh, and I am creating the plan for Savannah's birthday present and party.

I am laughing at...Savannah wanting to serve a large bowl of scrambled eggs at her birthday party. That girl is a hoot in her culinary ideas. She has been following me around with recipe books for weeks! I see event planning in her future.

Here is a picture thought for you...



We recently had a family party at my mom's. Every time I turned around Archer had talked someone into giving him more blueberries. I assure you we were seeing blue the next day.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

He's growing up so fast :) Love the new design!