Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today Tuesday August 24, 2010.

Outside my window...the world is winding down, cooling off, and settling in for the night.

I am thankful for...prayerful friends.

Around the house...2 babes lay sleeping, 3 cats are prowling, and a to-do list is awaiting.

From the kitchen...freshly ground wheat flour is soaking (fermenting) on the counter in preperation for cream cheese pastries that will be made tomorrow. A glass jar of kombucha likewise is fermenting yet another tasty culture.

I am reading...Teaching Montessori In The Home by Elizabeth G. Hainstock and Montessori Play and Learn by Leslie Britton. I thought we were already a pretty Montessori friendly household but this book has provided ample ideas that I am currently implementing that will make Savannah even more independent (read: my life easier ;). And suprisingly there is insight for Archer's age as well.

I am creating...peace and order around the house, a candle-lit chandelier to go over the table on my back porch, and a schedule for our 2 new co-op groups.

I am going...to bed eventually tonight!

One of my favorite things is...neatly trimmed, clean, unpainted toes. Most people are appaled by toe nails in the nude peaking out of sandals. But I think it's simply sexy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...carpool (I have finally reached soccer mom status with the typing of that word. Maybe I will wear heels tommorrow to compensate ;)and a trip to Dallas with the kids to visit family. Poor Mark has to stay at home.

Here is a picture I am sharing with you...

2 comments:

Katy said...

I love the picture!!! Isn't it so fun to watch your kids enjoy each other :)

Lee Ann said...

Love those kids! I almost didn't give him back in Kroger yesterday!