Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can't Have Summer Without it Lime Ice Cream

I had to post this recipe because several people have asked for it but frankly I can’t remember who! Mark and I have been making this recipe for lime ice cream (not sherbet) several summers now. After the first bite, it quickly became a tradition to make it once a summer. That tradition was soon followed by the tradition of making it for every function we are invited to all summer long. And more than once I have been tempted to get my ice cream maker out as early as January. Is that so wrong?




Can’t Have Summer Without it Lime Ice Cream

1 ½ cups sugar
6 cups half and half
1 Tablespoon grated lime zest
¾ cup fresh lime juice (5-8 limes)
1/8 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients and pour into your ice cream freezer. Follow the directions for your ice cream maker after that.

When all the mixing is done, we pack on the ice and rock salt and let is sit for an hour or so while we further roast by the pool in the fiery summer sun thus creating the need for some serious exhilarating refreshment!

1 comment:

Billie said...

I agree with Christina this is the best summer treat. Yummy!!